Happy Catfish Day !
Today it's grilled catfish - can be done inside in a black skillet or outside on the grill
On the grill :
Fish filet,2 T olive oil,2 T bbq rub/Seasoning & your choice of bbq sauce if desired.
- You can cook this in a pan on the stove, or on the grill. We used a flat griddle side burner on our gas grill. All instructions are specifically for this. Cooking times would vary slightly based on your method of cooking.)
- Heat grill to medium high. Coat lightly with oil.
- Wash and pat dry fish filets. Rub with oil, and coat on both sides with your favorite bbq dry rub seasoning mix.
- Place filets on the grill / griddle and cook for approximately 3-5 minutes. Turn and cook another 3-5 minutes. Brush the top of the cooked side with bbq sauce while the other side is cooking.
- Flip and brush the other side with bbq sauce.
- Remove from heat, cover and let rest 5 minutes. Serve warm with your favorite sides. We recommend our Spicy Jamaican Slaw or a salad.
Catfish grilled on the Stove :
4 Catfish filet
1/4 C flour
1/4 C cornmeal
1/2 teaspoon of various dry Seasoning ( Cajun Seasoning blend)
1/4 C butter
- In a large resealable bag, combine the first nine ingredients. Add catfish, one fillet at a time, and shake to coat.
- Place a large cast-iron skillet on a grill rack over medium-hot heat. Melt butter in the skillet; add catfish. Grill, covered, for 5-10 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork.