This is a quick and easy gift and tag combo. The container us a re purpose can painted with ribbon and a cute Valentine Taf stamped and colored. Lisa
Check out http://southerngirlschallenge.blogspot.com
- Easy Microwave Divinity :
- 2 eggs divided
- Place egg whites in the bowl of a heavy-duty stand mixer; let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- In a microwave-safe 2-qt. bowl, combine the sugar, water, corn syrup and salt. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 4 minutes; stir until sugar is dissolved. Cook 6-8 minutes longer or until a candy thermometer reads 260°(hard-ball stage), stirring every 2 minutes. Just before the temperature is reached, beat egg whites on medium speed until stiff peaks form.
- With mixer running on high speed, carefully pour hot syrup in a slow, steady stream into the bowl. Beat just until candy loses its gloss and holds its shape, about 15-20 minutes. Immediately stir in pecans and vanilla. (Do not overmix, or candy will get stiff and crumbly.)
- Working quickly, drop by tablespoonfuls onto waxed paper. Let stand at room temperature overnight or until dry to the touch. Store in an airtight container at room temperature.